Sunday, December 20, 2009

My first ever poem: The magic of Christmas

The magic of Christmas is in the air
as a little child can only share
at the twinkling lights
and garlands galore
hung here and there throughout the store


Tiny toy soldiers
a huggable bear
colored sleighs
and festive underwear


Don't hold a candel
to the soothing chimes
as this little tyke
returns many times


To the mystery behind
a single nativity scene
musically praising the birth
of an infant called Jesus,
the Lord Supreme.


Christmas has been always the exciting time of the year for me. I get things from my mom and all the places around the world is so bright during Christmas! It's also very colorful and beautiful in Ateneo with its lights all around. I was so inspired by those lights when I was waiting for my mom to pick me up after the school. I am also writing this poem, wondering what I would get for this Christmas. I don't think Grandpa Santa would give me the stickers of Hannah Montana, which I have been asking from her for years. But oh well, Jonas Brothers would do. Hmm, I really hope that this Christmas, I will be able to figure out my lifetime mystery: if it is really Lolo Santa who brought me all the gifts for Christmas, or it is just my mom who thinks that I've never doubted about this whenever she left her bed when Santa came. Either way, if I could just get the stickers of Hannah Montana, I will be very merry this season. I hope it is really merry time for all people, remembering the birthday of baby Jesus. Merry Christmas to all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment