Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ang Tanging Ina ni Maria Clara

Pia Alba is one of the most discreet characters in my novels Noli Me Tangere, and El Filibusterismo given that she died shortly after giving birth to the beautiful Maria Clara. I've never really paid as much attention to her compared to the other characters in my books who are well... alive, despite her being one of the icons of the malicious abuse that the Spaniard putas did to us. And apparently, as a result, even my precious readers don't take much notice of her either. When I googled the names "Pia Alba," and/or "Donya Pia" the most useful links I can get are oh-so reliable Wikepedia entries, Noli Me Tangere/El Filibusterismo summaries, and character lists wherein she's only briefly described as "Ang masimbahing ina ni Maria Clara." I guess it's not far from my fault if she haunts me in my dreams, and lets me be her on the night the fat and ugly bastardo, Padre Damaso, ehem, raped her... It's not exactly the best wet dream i had in... ever, nor was it a wet dream at all. Trust me when I say "You do not want to here the gory details anymore." I'm gonna go wash my self now...

Adios para ahora, y mis discuplas al Pia Alba.

No comments:

Post a Comment